This article will guide you how to link PayPal to Mpesa service. I will lead you step by step how to link PayPal with Mpesa & top up PayPal’s accounts from M-Pesa. I will also direct you how to withdraw money from PayPal to your MPesa account.
A few years ago, PayPal and MPesa partnered to allow their users to transfer money between the two outlets, and we know this service as PayPal Mobile Money Service.
This was a basic change in the digital payments world, particularly in Kenya. PayPal users in Kenya can make charges to M-Pesa registered mobile money accounts by operating their balance, bank accounts, and credit cards.
On the other end, M-Pesa users can fast top up their PayPal account and use PayPal’s online payments benefits.
Today, I will surely guide you how to get started with PayPal Mpesa.
Let’s get commenced.
How to link PayPal to Mpesa
To get begun, link PayPal to Mpesa together. You mandate to have a PayPal account & a Safaricom mobile number.
Here is how to connect paypalmpesa accounts:
- Reach PayPal’s M-Pesa page by just typing in https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com or m-pesa.
- Log into PayPal employing your PayPal username and password
- Agree to PayPal’s terms & conditions for the service.
- Add the M-PESA number you like to link with PayPal
- PayPal will send an SMS confirmation code to your M-PESA number
- Key in the confirmation code PayPal sent you on your M-PESA account and complete the linking process
- You have finished the whole process of connecting PayPal to Mpesa!
Mpesa to PayPal Top Up Process
Now that you have linked PayPal & M-Pesa, you can use the service to top up your PayPal account when you want.
Follow these stages to dispatch money from M-pesa to PayPal.
Step one- This is optional; visit the PayPal m-pesa link: https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com or m-pesa and log in. I always use their currency converter to understand how much I should top up in Ksh & what it will be in USD.
Also, on this page, you will discover the PayPal Pay Bill Number 800088, which I think is convenient as you might ignore this number.
Step two: Open M-Pesa on your mobie phone, select “Lipa Na Mpesa, ” and then Pay Bill. Apply the PayPal Mpesa Pay bill number 800088 and your phone number as the account number.
Step three: Enter the payment you will load to PayPal and surrender. It will be successful and instant. You will obtain a message from Safaricom verifying the transaction’s success. On the other end, PayPal will transmit you a verification to your email.
If you use another number, the transaction won’t move through. Also, the usual M-Pesa charges will be devoted.
How Can I withdraw money from PayPal to MPesa?
After you have connected your PayPal account to M-Pesa, you can withdraw from the PayPal to Mpesa account. They will alter the amount from USD to Ksh and transmit it over to your Safaricom M-PESA account.
Here is how to withdraw funds from a PayPal account:
- Visit https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa
- Log in with your PayPal user particulars.
- Choose Withdraw from PayPal
- The next screen will offer you the Available PayPal credit in your account.
- Enter the amount you would want to withdraw and click. Resume to Withdraw.
- They will transmit the money to your M-Pesa account in a few minutes.
The highest amount per transaction is Ksh 150,000; you can’t withdraw any amount more than this.